Clean up 3D scan data and to create NURBS surfaces
Leios takes scan data from 3D scanners and transforms the point cloud or STL mesh into a complete 3D polygon model or NURBS surfaces. Leios exports the datasets in variety of standard formats for use in industrial design, archaeology, medical, inspection and visual effects.
Leios is the perfect link between a 3D scanner and CAD/modeling package of your choice.
- Complete point cloud editing, registration, alignment and merging
- Filters to remove noise and redundancy, cleaning and optimization
- Smoothing of the whole cloud or of a selection
- Compute a triangle mesh from a point cloud
- Eliminate spike triangles, abnormal and non-manifold triangles
- Mesh smoothing, fix normals, and mesh decimation
- Hole filling and defeaturing
- Automated surface creation from polygon meshes
- Manual control and creation of surfaces from mesh data
- Perfect for creating surface patches for importing into CAD or CNC packages
Import/Export from 3D Scanners
Leios imports ordered and non-ordered point clouds.
Point clouds in standard ASCII: asc, txt, dat, asd
Closed formats: cwk, wd, opt, v3d, xyz
Import/Export Triangle Meshes
stl, vrml, obj, ply
iges, stp, sat, dxf
CPU: Intel Core Duo T2300 or higher, AMD Athlon XP X2 3800+ or higher
RAM: 2GB with 32bit OSes, 4GB recommended
VGA: NVidia Quadro / 6x series or higher, ATI/AMD FireGL / X series or higher
OS: Windows XP Professional SP2 or higher, Windows Vista, Windows 7